Presentation – October 13th 2016
Try to present on 24×36 “sheets” whether digitally presented or printed out.
- Mapping/Site plan: Using an evolved version of your light sculpture, to create a VIEWING PLATFORM– scale up or down throughout site to mark usage densities, wind patterns, planting patterns, program intentions etc, so that you are attempting to control as much of the site as possible from the start of the site at the Great Highway to its logical end at the Pacific Ocean. Use photoshop or other editing tools or hand draw the mapping. Remember that one of the goals of the semester is to develop a morphogenic architecture that adapts and changes in regard to program and site.
- Models: Create an improved light sculpture model that now shows the integration of multiple ramps that will form the basis of your final project. The ramps should not simply be 2 dimensional and flat, but should swell and scale and embody your light sculpture concept. Try for at least three ramps or more as you evolve the work. Allow program to energize the ramps- sports such as running, “parkour”, biking, skateboarding etc as well as cafes and environmental information booths etc. Models should be transparent and use versions of tessellated structure. We need to see the structure of the project in the models.
- PROGRAM EQUIVALENCY REPLACEMENT SYSTEM. This taxonomic system will use your concept to create a series of drawings that replace the given building program with versions of your morphed light sculpture system. Try to layer your thinking to allow for you to manipulate the site as wall as the ramping and elevations to fully create an imagery from this PERS method.
- Plans: Start your first diagrams for the environmental center by showing the plan ramping at scale. The scale system should be at 1/4″=1′-0″ as well as 1/2″=1′-0″ and other scale to start to understand the detail of the project as we move towards solving the building.
- Elevations: again – 1/4″ to 1/2″ (at the scale of the revised models) . Create 4 different elevations NSEW.
- Sections- 1/4″ to 1/2″=1′-0″ as above
- Watercolor or similar color paintings of concepts/elevations/site
- Develop a NARRATIVE with diagrams of your project that demonstrates its linkage to natural phenomena metaphor for “driving” your morphogenic system.